UCI UCPath Project
UCI UCPath Project Director
UCI UCPath Project
UCPath is the University of California’s priority program to implement a comprehensive payroll, benefits, human resources and academic personnel system for all UC employees. UCPath will replace UC's 35-year old Payroll/Personnel System (PPS) with a single new payroll and HR technology system.
The UCI UCPath project team serves the UCI campus and Medical Center communities and helps to prepare and train employees for the new system. You can find the latest project news and updates here.
I encourage you to reach out to the project team with any questions and comments at email@example.com.
What is UCPath?UC Payroll, Academics, Timekeeping, Human Resources
UCPath is a project launched by the University of California (UC) to modernize its current payroll system, which is nearly 40 years old. Once UCPath is live at all locations, all employees will use the same system. This new technology will unify and standardize our payroll, benefits, and human resources for all UC employees. It will increase efficiencies in working together and sharing information systemwide so we can better focus on our core mission of teaching, research, and public service.
UCPath launches at UCI in January 2020. With UCPath online, employees and managers will have 24/7 access to view and manage personnel information and benefits, view pay statements, sign up for direct deposit, update tax withholdings, see vacation and sick leave balances, and more. For questions and help, employees will still go to their local contact, or call the new UCI Employee Experience Center (EEC).
When and why we are switching to UCPath
UCPath will be launched at UCI in January 2020. First monthly paychecks under UCPath will be January 2; first bi-weekly paychecks under UCPath will be January 8.
UCPath replaces our 35-year-old PPS system that was outdated and differed from campus to campus. The new UCPath system will provide consistency across all UCs, and will improve the way the way HR and payroll services are provided to 200,000+ employees. Its state-of-the-art technology brings streamlined processes, consistent data, robust metrics, greater efficiencies, and a shared UCPath Center in Riverside that issues paychecks and processes many transactions. The user-friendly UCPath Portal provides 24/7 self-service access to employee and managers for payroll, benefits, and HR information.
What is New and Changing
- UCPath will replace UCI’s current Payroll and Personnel System (PPS) starting January 2020
- The new UCPath Portal will offer 24/7 online access to view and manage benefits, vacation and sick balances, W2s and earnings statements, personal and sabbatical information, and more
- Employees can also make benefits changes for life events through the online portal
- At Your Service Online (AYSO) will only be used for retirement information and historical payroll information; W-2s and earnings statements for 2019 and earlier will continue to be available on AYSO, but will move to the UCPath portal for 2020 and beyond
- Employees can sign up for and manage Direct Deposit on the online portal; Direct Deposit will also offer more options – up to three bank accounts (including credit union)
- Employees will get new ID numbers, which will be on pay statements on the online portal
- The UCPath Center in Riverside is a shared services center for all UCs that will issue paychecks and complete/approve many transactions
- Paycheck layouts will look different
- UCI will no longer be able to cut checks, so paper paychecks can no longer be picked up on campus; they will be mailed to home addresses the day before payday and may take 2-4 days to arrive (signing up for Direct Deposit will ensure access to earnings on payday with no delays)
- Paper pay statements from Direct Deposit will no longer be available for pick-up on campus; employees can view pay statements online via the UCPath portal 24/7
- Final pay for voluntary terminations will be at the next scheduled paycheck
- The policy of part-time employees accruing part-time vacation accrual will be enforced
- New workflow templates, forms and processes will be in place for employees who work with human resources transactions; training is provided leading up to the UCPath launch
- A new UCI Employee Experience Center (EEC) will provide help and answer questions through the phone and a user-friendly online portal
What is Not Changing
- Pay and benefits - they all convert to UCPath
- Direct Deposits - all Direct Deposits will convert to UCPath; employees currently signed up for DD don't have to do anything
- Employee information will convert to UCPath - employees should verify their home address and other personal information now to make sure it's current and correct
- Where to go first for payroll/HR questions or help; employees should still go first to their local point of contact (department payroll or academic representative, CPOs, MAABOs, etc.)
- AYSO will still be used to manage beneficiaries and estimate retirement earnings; retirees will use AYSO to review retiree pay statements and 1099R statements
October 9, 2019
UCPath reps at OIT’s Techno Expo at the Student Center
Operational User Testing
October - February 2019
Training for Initiators and Approvers
Roadshows about UCPath; attend and ask questions
November 15, 2019
Last day to enroll in Direct Deposit for January 2020 pay
Cutover to the new system
January 2, 2020
First monthly paycheck in UCPath
January 8, 2020
First bi-weekly paycheck in UCPath
Prepare for UCPath
Get ready for UCPath by following these steps:
- Make sure personal information is correct in At Your Service Online. Confirm that your name, address, email, and phone number are current. If you still receive a paper paycheck, make sure your home address is right since your checks will be mailed there.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit on ZotPortal if you haven't already. Get instant access to your earnings on payday with direct deposit. Sign up by Nov. 15, 2019, to ensure it’s set up for January pay; you can still sign up after the UCPath launch for future pay. If you already use direct deposit, you don’t need to do anything.
- Confirm that you know your UCInetID. You will need to login to the UCPath portal with your UCInetID, so make sure you know it before January 2020. Visit oit.uci.edu or contact your supervisor if you are unsure.
- Sign up for DUO Multi-Factor Authentication This second layer of security to protect your information will be required to access the UCPath portal. Sign up at oit.uci.edu/mfa.
- Attend a Roadshow about UCPath in October and November.